The Supply Chain Management Center is a strategic supply chain program, dedicated to simplifying the buying process to enable savings for Department of Energy Environmental Management and National Nuclear Security Administration contractors.
Founded in 2006, the SCMC works collaboratively with prime contractors to develop purchasing agreements that can be used by multiple sites across the enterprise. This saves time by reducing duplication of effort, freeing up buyers to focus on site-specific needs. By leveraging a combined $6 Billion in annual spend, the SCMC is able to negotiate lower prices, saving money and avoiding cost.
The SCMC’s suite of procurement technology platforms and smart data analytics further enhance strategic savings and improve operational efficiency.
More money for more mission
The SCMC is designed to enhance current acquisition processes at the site level, backed by a nationwide team of experts in commodity management, data analysis, and eProcurement. Sites can utilize these tools and services to avoid cost and generate savings. The SCMC offers:
• More than 130 commodity agreements with significant discounts for commonly acquired goods and services
• Innovative digital tools to connect us across the enterprise
• Best-in-class business intelligence platform and data analysis and reporting
• Enterprise-wide agreement search tool makes it easy to find and use SCMC commodity agreements
• Small Business Program Resource Center to assist and complement small business strategies at the site level
Enterprise procurement training
Contractor Acquisition University is a program of the DOE’s National Training Center, founded by the Supply Chain Management Center, to provide standardized, comprehensive training to all DOE prime contractor staff across the enterprise. Courses cover a range of topics, introducing new buyers to DOE prime contracting, how to work with small business, and the legal and regulatory aspects of contracting.
SCMC by the Numbers
20 courses offered through Contractor Acquisition University.
SCMC external website: SCMC.energy.gov
SCMC portal (for DOE sites only): thesource.energy.gov